Coolsculpting is a procedure that uses a process called cryolipolysis. It is an FDA cleared treatment that freezes your fat cells. Cryolipolysis, which is known as fat freezing, is a process which allows for a medical professional to freeze your fat cells so that your lymphatic system can naturally flush them out. The lymphatic system is the part of your body that gets rid of toxins and waste and is part of your immune system. Your body will naturally release these fat cells from your body over the next 1 to 3 months.
You’ll see a fat reduction of 20% to 25% with just one Coolsculpting treatment. Coolsculpting is not a weight loss program, if you were to gain weight after receiving Coolsculpting the weight should disperse evenly throughout your body. But results from treatment would be challenging to see. Also, unlike working out you are able to do spot treatments with Coolsculpting.
This fat loss procedure is not meant to be used by everyone. If you suffer from cryoglobulinemia, cold agglutinin disease, or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria then you are not a Coolsculpting candidate. If you’d like to find out if you are a good fit for Coolsculpting take the quiz.
Coolsculpting is a voluntary cosmetic treatment, which means that your health insurance will not cover the cost for Coolsculpting stomach, thighs, back or other areas with fat. You can always check with the facility that you are receiving the procedure through and see about financing or a plan through them.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM LIPOSUCTION?
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure where fat is suctioned from your body. For liposuction surgery to be done you are usually put under anesthesia and the process could take several hours.
-While Coolsculpting fat removal is an out-patient treatment where you are awake and can be done within an hour or less for most procedures.
- According to 2018 statistics of American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average cost of liposuction is $3,518.
-Whereas the cost for Coolsculpting stomach, thighs or other areas with fat will cost you between $2000 to $4000 for a personalized treatment plan.
- When it comes to liposuction you are dealing with a great deal of risks. Liposuction is major surgery so you could experience contour irregularities, fluid accumulation, numbness, infection, internal puncture, fat embolism, kidney or heart problems, and lidocaine toxicity. Plus, you could have complications with the anesthesia.
-When it comes to Coolsculpting stomach or other areas after your treatment you may experience some temporary side effects which are redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity.
- Liposuction the healing process can last for 2 weeks. You can be back to somewhat normal activities within 4 to 5 days depending on how extensive your surgery was, plus you’ll have to take antibiotics after your surgery and pain meds.
-When it comes to Coolsculpting which is done in medical spas and in doctor’s offices, you can get back to work that day or go out with friends that night. Also, there is no need to take any sort of medicine after getting a Coolsculpting treatment.
- Liposuction is a surgery that is done by a Plastic Surgeon and your results are not guaranteed, no matter how much fat they remove.
- With Liposuction you could end up needing extra surgeries to remove possible scar tissue, scars or to redo the procedure because you aren’t happy with your results.
-Each Coolsculpting treatment is personalized to the patient when you get Coolsculpting, fat removal happens and there is a lower risk for complications.
- With Liposuction you’ll have to wear a special compression garment to help with the swelling after your surgery. The garment is meant to be worn for the first month or two after your surgery. A slight bit of swelling will remain possibly up to a year and it will take 6 months to 9 months for your skin to shrink and contract to the fat loss.
-With Coolsculpting, there is no need for a special garment meant for compression.
5 REASONS TO CONSIDER COOLSCULPTING OVER OTHER FAT REMOVAL PROCESS
You’ll see results within 1-3 months of treatment-
The fat cells that are frozen will move out of your body in a natural way. Your body has to process fat that has died and push it out of the lymphatic system. By not instantly removing the fat from your body there is no risk of infection or swelling. How fast you see results all depends on how fast your body can push the fat through the lymphatic system.
It’s safe to do- Coolsculpting is an FDA cleared procedure.
Coolsculpting is a non-invasive treatment, meaning that you aren’t being put under any sort of anesthesia or being given some sort of medicine where you aren’t aware of what is going on. There is also nothing that is being injected into you, so you don’t have to worry about your body having some sort of reaction to fat freezing process.
Results are permanent – Coolsculpting results are permanent.
The human body does not regenerate fat cells once they have been terminated. However, it is important for anyone who has been treated with coolsculpting to maintain their weight post treatment.
Treatment sessions don’t take long-
When you receive Coolsculpting you can be finished in as little as 35 minutes. It takes less time to get Coolsculpting stomach treatments than it takes to get a manicure.
Works for both men and women– This process isn’t specific to gender, both men and women can be treated for fat freezing by getting Coolsculpting done. Everyone has some form of fat in their body and this treatment allows anyone to become more confident in themselves and their body.